- score at least 65 on the points test. The business points test can be found here
- have a high level of management skill in relation to the eligible investment or qualifying business activity
- have at least three years’ experience of direct involvement in managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments
- have an overall successful record of eligible investment or qualifying business activity
- have a genuine and realistic commitment to continuing your business and investment activity in Australia after the original investment has matured
- have a genuine intention to live for at least two years in the state or territory in which you have made a designated investment.
You, your partner, or you and your partner combined must:
- for at least one of the five fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply, have directly managed one of the following: (a) a qualifying business in which you, your partner or you and your partner combined had at least 10% ownership interest, or (b) eligible investments owned by you, your partner or you and your partner combined of at least AUD$1.5million.
- during the two fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply, have legally acquired net business, investment and personal assets of at least AUD$2.25 million that are available for legal transfer to Australia within two years of the visa being granted
- make a designated investment of at least AUD$1.5 million in a state or territory government security using unencumbered funds accumulated from qualifying businesses or eligible investments and be prepared to hold that investment for at least four years from date of issue in your nominating state or territory
- have had no involvement in unacceptable activities.
Income that you earn from your designated investment in Australia is subject to tax under Australian taxation law.