- score at least 65 on the points test. The business points test can be found here
- for two out of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply, have had an ownership interest in an established business or businesses that had at least AUD$500,000 turnover in each of those years
- own at least one of the following percentage of your nominated main business: (a) 51 per cent, if the business has a turnover of less than AUD400,000 per year; or (b) 30 per cent, if the business has a turnover of AUD$400,000 or more per year; or (c) 10 per cent, if the business is a publicly listed company.
- have an overall successful business career
- have a genuine desire to continuously own and maintain a management role in a business in Australia.
If your nominated main business provides professional, technical or trade services, you must have spent no more than half your time providing those services, as opposed to general management of the business.
At the time of invitation, you, your partner, or you and your partner combined must have total net business and personal assets of at least AUD$800,000 that are lawfully acquired and available for legal transfer to Australia within two years of the visa being granted.
You and your partner must have had no involvement in unacceptable business or investment activities.