Family Visas

Is your child an Australian resident? You could be too.

27 Apr 2016 / Inna Feldmann

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Is your child an Australian resident? You could be too.

Do you have children residing in Australia, and are looking at improving your qualification or creating a new pathway for yourself?

The Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143) allows parents to permanently live and study in Australia. If your child is an Australian resident (citizen or permanent resident) or an eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia, by applying through this category of the parent visa scheme you are not only able to spend time with those closest to you, but you are also able to enjoy all that Australia has to offer.

Most higher education institutions offer alternative entry options for those over 21 years of age who are looking to improve their existing qualifications or expand into another field (age categories can vary upon institution).

A popular entry method is via the work experience pathway where individuals are required to demonstrate acquired skills, knowledge and abilities through previous employment and education. Applicants are scored on the basis of skills demonstrated and the score is then used to determine enrolment eligibility for the particular course. This is an excellent entry point into further education as it not only provides a basis for entry points to higher education but it can also be helpful if you remain uncertain as to your specific direction.

In addition, many Australian institutions also offer the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) as an alternate option to gain entry into higher education institutions. The STAT test evaluates a range of skills considered important for achievement in tertiary study. The test examines your capability to process and analyse information as opposed to testing your knowledge of specific academic topics.

Offering these pathways as an entryway to parents and other mature age students, it is no wonder that Australia has quickly become a global leader in education with some of the world’s highest ranking educational institutions providing world class degrees and qualifications. Additionally, the Australian Government provides $200 million towards a number of international scholarships, making the choice to take on further education in Australia even easier!

If this sounds like a pathway that you would be eligible to follow, the Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143) will be able to help you get to Australia. This visa category also avoids the long waiting periods attached to many of the other visas within the Parent Visa scheme.

If you have any questions, queries or are looking to apply for the Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143), do not hesitate to contact the team at Hunt Migration – Australia’s leading migration agents.

Picture of Test Member 2

Inna Feldmann

National Operations Manager

    Let Us Help You Get Your Visa Today!