This is a four year provisional visa which gives the applicant temporary residency.
This visa is designed to encourage migrants to live and work in regional areas of Australia where there are large skills shortages and significant numbers of job vacancies.
Requirements for a Regional Sponsored Skilled Visa
The visa requires sponsorship from an eligible relative living in a designated region of Australia or from a State or Territory Government.
This visa is points tested with 60 points required to be eligible as well as satisfying the standard conditions.
Points are awarded in the following categories:
- English Language
- Australian and Overseas Work Experience
- Australian Study
- Community Language
- Regional Australian Study
- Spouse Skills
- State or Family Sponsorship
- Professional Year
Benefits of the Regional Sponsored Skilled Visa
This visa gives the applicant and his or her immediate family temporary residency and permanent residency once the conditions are satisfied.
Once the applicant has lived for two years and worked full-time for one year in a specified regional area of Australia permanent residency is available.
Note: Holders of visa subclasses 495, 496, 475 and 489 who have met all the conditions of that visa may be eligible to apply for a subclass 489 visa, allowing a further stay for an additional year.
- 1st instalment of $3,060.00 (AUD) is payable at the time of making the application.
- 2nd instalment of $4,250.00 (AUD) must be paid before the visa is granted if you have dependant 18 years of age or older who have less than functional English.
- Holders of 495, 496, 475 , 487 who would like to